Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Beware-- mushy post ahead...

I can't help it... I have to say that I'm so excited to be hearing from readers about Just the Way I Like It.  Of course, I always love to hear from readers.  That's just a fact.  But I'm especially thrilled to be hearing from readers about this book because, well, you readers are the whole reason I wrote that short story.

You're also the reason I wrote Just For Fun and Just A Kiss.  I wanted to write them, of course.  But Dooley and Kevin were a challenge.  I just wasn't sure who their perfect women would be.  So, it took awhile.  And I'm not sure I would have done it if I hadn't been getting e-mails from readers asking about them for the past two years.  That you all loved those guys as much as I did really mattered.

When I started writing Just For Fun the idea for a short story came to me.  I thought it would be fun (no pun intended :)) to catch up with everyone before jumping into Dooley's book.  A lot had happened to them all since Just My Type had ended.  So, I wrote it.  And ran it past a few people who liked it.  So all was good.

Then it was release day.  And honestly, I panicked a little bit.  What if people didn't like it?  What if it wasn't interesting?  What if it wasn't *enough*? 

But now I've heard from a few readers and their comments mean a lot.

So, thank you to all of you!  Thank you for reading the Bradfords, thank you for loving them,  and
thank you for telling me!  This is what it's all about.

xoxoxo,
Erin 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment