That's the new title of a series of blogs I'm going to have to do about this WIP. I think it could be therapeutic!
To review, I've written 95% of a book which I've now realized has the wrong guy as the hero. I've been making notes about the changes that need to be made (where I purposefully devastate my hero-- now known as my Former Hero) but haven't been able to actually start changing things. And today I figured out why.
Having these two have sex is... difficult. Because I really like their friend who is going to be-- as I think we've established-- devastated. It will obviously be a life-changing event for them. As it should be. So deciding how it should happen, how to write it, was tough.
But I did it today. And it's a good scene! (if I do say so myself)
I usually write books in order. Meaning that I write the scenes in the order that they happen in the story. It's just how my brain works. But in this case I wrote the scene anyway, because I had to get over that hump. And now that I did, I think the rest will be easier.
Well, up to the point where the Former Hero learns about their relationship.
Maybe that's the scene I should try to write next :)