Thursday, June 24, 2010

This #$%&-ing book, Part II

Dear Muse,

You are being such a...

Okay, okay, sorry. That's not nice. But I thought we were friends. I mean, we've been together for a long time, we've been through a lot, you've really come through for me in the past.

But now... this. This book. This story. These people! None of it's going the way I expect it to, the way I want it to. Every time I write a scene, you decide there should be a twist.

FYI, *I* don't need to be surprised. The readers do. Maybe that's where you got confused. I'm a reader. But in regards to my own work I'm the writer. It's okay for me to know what's going on. It's okay to follow my plan. At least once in awhile.

So, can we *please* do this next scene the way I want to? Just this one? Pretty please?

Your friend-for-now-but-we'll-see-how-this-turns-out,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment